MARK FARNER SHOWDATES FOR 2017

PLEASE VISIT THE MARK FARNER WEBSITE FOR HIS HIGHLY ACTIVE SHOW DATE LISTING! TOO MANY TO POST HERE!

ROCK ON!

http://www.markfarner.com/mf_live

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mark's most famous Messenger Guitar and the Gibson L5S

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan has a major draw for me this Summer! Rock Star's Guitar's! Well, Rock Star's Car's too but, for me, it will be surreal to stand in the presence of Mark Farner's magical Messenger. You know, the instrument the critics called "junk!"
The very guitar that Mark was allowed to make payment's on till the full purchase price of $200 was reached! [See Artist Interview for this story]

Another of Mark's great Gibson guitars will also be displayed at the museum. The very Gibson L5S that went on the "We're An American Band" tour!
For all the guitar aficionado's; the display of rock stars guitar's will run May 16TH September 2ND...See you there!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  May 16, 2009, 4:16:00 AM  

It's great to see the Messenger. I would love to find an original for sale.

However, the one Mark played didn't have a Bigsby. Moreover, it didn't have the Humbucker pickups.

I can only assume the previous owner - after Mark - made these modifications.

Farner9 May 16, 2009, 4:33:00 PM  

There will soon be an original Messenger for sale from the "markfarnersrailroad" yahoo groups forum member "Jamsy" in Scotland.

Anonymous,  Nov 22, 2009, 8:32:00 PM  

Hey Mark!
I'm looking for a Gibson L5S sunburst, and I am wondering if you can give me some info on where I could find one.

Thanks!...and love your music

Deer Lake Dec 1, 2009, 12:24:00 PM  

I've got an l5s like Marks' that I might consider selling. How do we get in touch?

Deer Lake Dec 1, 2009, 4:25:00 PM  

I have an L5s, if you would like to buy it, give me a contact # on this site! Thanks, Rob. I'm an old funk fan guitar strangler, tune crooner from long ago!

RobFonner Dec 13, 2009, 7:19:00 PM  

I'm looking to sell my Messenger. Check it out here... www.electric-guitars-rock.com/messenger-guitars.html.

David Jun 22, 2010, 4:37:00 PM  

David Kratz Mark: I know you have some Rock and Roll soul. Anymore you remind me of the Time Machine.

Anonymous,  Jul 26, 2013, 4:01:00 PM  

MArks, Green Messenger did have humbuckers put on while he did the red ALbum tour, and it had a built in fuzz similar to the heathkit. I still have my 69 stereo rojo red Messenger, and may consider selling if the $ is right? btw, i used to play it a lot in the early 70s and the heathkit fuzz will nail farner's 'tone'

Anniversary T-shirts

Anniversary T-shirts
40Year's Funkin'

Title Tune From "For The People"

Copyright

© Mark Farner •

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP